Alexander the Great 【亞歷山大帝】-對白節錄



  剛看完電影的三天有股執念,整個人陷在Hephaistion深邃的雙眼裡爬不出來,被他深情的泥沼網住,腦海裡一停下來就被電影中的畫面攫住。這部戲裡很多經典對白,好幾句都讓我再三咀嚼。靠著那股衝動,花了一筆不小的力氣終於找到了原文對白,節錄並翻譯了Hephaistion的部分。(斜線部分為亂入

這裡有完整的全劇對白,有興趣的人可以去看看,不過沒有中文翻譯就是了。:P


在YouTube上找到一首歌,很適合他們兩個的情境,DHT的《Listen to Your Heart》。



A→Alexander 亞歷山大
H→Hephaistion 赫菲斯欽
O→OLYMPIAS 母后
R→ROXANE 皇后
O.P→OLD PTOLEMY 托勒密,旁白

 

※幼年訓練場※


Come on, Alexander.
怎麽了,亞歷山大。
Come on!
快點!
Who will ever respect you as a king?
誰還會像一個國王一樣尊敬你?
Do you think it’s because of your father?
僅僅因爲你是國王的兒子?
The first rule of war is to do what you ask your men to do…no more, no less!
戰場上的第一條永遠是身先士卒。不用多,也不用少!
Good! That’s it!
好!這樣就對了!
Well done, Hephaistion! Good wrestling!
幹得好,赫菲斯欽!這才是摔跤手!
That’s what I want!
這正是我想要的!
Come, come, come.
夠了,夠了,夠了。
You did well, but you lost.
你做得很好,但是你輸了。
Now, both of you, congratulate the other. Go on!
你們倆,祝賀對方,來啊!

YOUNG HEPHAISTION Would you want me to let you win, Alexander?
你想我讓你贏嗎,亞歷山大?

YOUNG ALEXANDER You’re right.
你做得對。
But I promise you I will beat you one day, Hephaistion.
但我保證總有一天我會贏你的,赫菲斯欽。



O.P It was said later that Alexander was never defeated…except by Hephaistion’s thighs.
有後人說,亞歷山大從未被擊敗過,除了赫菲斯欽的大腿。

 

※19歲亞歷山大出征前與母后的對話※


O My poor child, you’re like Achilles…cursed by your greatness. Take my strength.
可憐的孩子,你就像阿基里斯,受到你的偉大所詛咒,從我這兒得到力量。
You must never confuse your feelings with your duties, Alexander.
你不能讓私人感情影響你的職責,
A King must make public gestures for the common people.
國王必須爲人民保持形象,
I know…but you will be nineteen this summer…and the girls already say you don’t like them, you like Hephaistion more.
你就快要滿十九歲了,女孩子都說你不喜歡她們,反而比較喜歡赫菲斯欽。
I understand.
我能瞭解,
It’s natural for a young man.
這是人之常情,
But if you go to Asia without leaving your successor, you risk all.
但你不生下一子就去亞洲,恐怕就會失去王位。

Hephaistion loves me…as I am…not who.
赫菲斯欽深愛我,他愛的是我,不是我的地位。

 

※對戰大流士前夕之夜※

H To whom do you pray?
你在向誰祈禱?

A Phobos.
福波斯。(恐懼之神)

H Fear?
害怕?

(亞歷山大猶豫了一下,微微點頭。我想,這個時候只有--亞歷山大也只允許--赫菲斯欽打擾他吧。)



           
H I’ve always believed, Alexander…but, this seems so much bigger than us.
我總是相信著,亞歷山大……但,他們的人數實在太多了。

A Did Patroclus doubt Achilles when they stood side-by-side at the siege of Troy?
當帕卓克斯和阿基里斯在特洛伊並肩作戰時,他曾質疑過他嗎?

H Patroclus died first.
帕卓克斯先陣亡了。

A If you do, if you were to fall, even if Macedonia were to lose a king…I will avenge you…and follow you down to the House of Death.
如果你比我先死,就算馬其頓會失去國王,我也要親手為你報仇,然後跟隨你進入陰曹地府。(突然認真起來。我想赫菲也沒料到他會突然那麼認真吧……)

H I would do the same.
我也會這麼做。(忽然害羞,低眼,睫毛搧搧,透明眼神又要望盡亞歷山大)

A On the eve of battle, it’s hardest to be alone.
大戰前夕最難忍受孤獨……(這是一種邀請?)

H Then perhaps…perhaps this is farewell…my Alexander.
那麼也許……這就是我們最後的訣別,我的亞歷山大。
         
(亞歷山大含情走上前,緊緊擁住)
A Fear not, Hephaidtion.
不要怕,赫菲斯欽,
We are at the beginning.
我們才剛開始。

 

※收服巴比倫※

波斯公主把赫菲斯欽誤認成亞歷山大,這時候小赫的表情實在很可愛阿…想笑又出於禮貌而不能笑…一直回頭看亞歷山大…然後亞歷山大終於大發慈悲地放過他,蹦出經典的那句,
“You are not wrong, Princess Stateira. He, too, is Alexander."
妳沒認錯,斯塔蒂娜公主。他,也是亞歷山大。(言下之意是,他是唯一可以跟我平起平坐的人。)



※腓力之死※


話說,腓力老爹掛了之後,第一個拉起小亞的手,宣布他登碁的就是小赫……那個速度叫做快哎……

我說小情人(我在心裡叫他這個名字叫了滿場)你動作那麼快做什麼?


 

※巴比倫之夜※

O But beware of men who think too much.
小心那些看起來想很多的人,
They blind themselves.
他們常常矇蔽了自我。
Only Hephaistion do I leave out.
我只信任赫菲斯欽。

(亞歷山大讀著母后給他的信,赫菲斯欽披著長袍,胸襟大開翩翩步入,看了一眼雕刻的石像,很自然地走到亞歷山大身後,亞歷山大把手遞給他,吻了一下。)           


A It’s a high ransom she charges for nine months’ lodging in the womb.
寄宿在她子宮裡九個月的代價還真是高啊!

H Bring her, Alexander.
帶她來吧,亞歷山大。
It’ll give her such joy.
這會給她很大的快樂的。

A Joy?
快樂?

When I’m the cracked mirror of her dreams?
當我是她夢想中破裂的鏡子時?(西方迷信打破鏡子會倒楣7年)
Stay with me tonight, Hephaistion.
今晚留下來陪我吧,赫菲斯欽。
(赫菲斯欽低眼,像在忌憚什麼,回頭看了一眼在房內的Bagoas,再回頭看亞歷山大,)
I’ll take my own bath. Thank you, Bagoas.
我會自己沐浴,謝謝你。巴格斯。


(兩個人端著酒杯到陽台。)

H The generals question your obsession with Darius.
將領們質疑你為何對大流士如此執著。
They say it was never meant for you to be King of Asia.
他們說你絕對不只是想成為亞洲之王。

A Naturally. They want only to return to their homes, rich with gold.
當然。他們只想滿載而歸地回鄉。
But I’ve seen the future, Hephaistion.
但我看過未來,赫菲斯欽。
I’ve seen it now a thousand times, on a thousand faces.
我看過成千次了,在千萬張臉上。
These people want…need, change.
這些人想要……需要改變!
Aristotle was wrong about them.
亞里斯多德錯了。

H How so?
怎麼說?

A Look at those we’ve conquered.
看看我們征服過的每片土地,
They leave their dead unburied, they smash their enemies’ skulls, and drink them as dust.
他們讓死者曝屍荒野,他們敲開敵人的頭骨作殤籌,痛飲他們如塵土,
They mate in public!
他們甚至公開交媾!
What can they think, or sing, or write, when none can read?
當沒有一個人會閱讀時,他們能思考什麼,唱什麼,甚至紀錄什麼?
But as Alexander’s Army, they can go where they never thought possible.
但成為我手下的大軍時,他們能前往他們想都不曾想過的地方!
They can soldier or work in the cities…the Alexandrias, from Egypt to the Outer Ocean.
他們能在亞歷山大城服役或工作,從埃及到地中海。
We could connect these lands, Hephaistion, and the people.
他們連結了大陸,赫菲斯欽,還有人民。

H Some say these Alexandrias have become extensions of Alexander himself.
有人說亞歷山大城已成為亞歷山大自己的延伸。
They draw people into the cities so as to make slaves of them.
他們吸引人民入城,逼迫他們成為自己的奴隸。

A But we freed them, Hephaistion, from the Persia where everyone lived as slaves!
但我已經解放他們了,赫菲斯欽,從人民皆為奴隸的波斯開始!
To free the people of the world…such would be beyond the glory of Achilles, beyond Herakles…a feat to rival Prometheus…who was always a friend to man.
解放世界上的人們……超越阿基里斯的榮耀,超越海克力斯……與人類的朋友,普羅米修斯匹敵……

H Remember the fates of these heroes.
想想那些英雄們的命運,
They suffered greatly.
他們都承受了巨大的痛苦。

A Oh, we all suffer.
噢,我們現在都在受苦,
Your father, mine.
你的父親,我的父親…
They all came to the end of their time, and in the end, when it’s over, all that matters is what you’ve done.
他們最後都受盡苦難,到頭來只有你的成就才最重要。

H You once said, “The fear of death drives all men.
你曾說對死亡的恐懼是人的動力,
Are there no other forces?
難道沒有別的動力嗎?
Is there not love in your life…Alexander?
你的生命中沒有真愛嗎,亞歷山大?
I wonder sometimes, if it’s not your mother you run from.
我有時不禁會想,似乎你一直想逃離的不只是你母親,
So many years, so many miles between you.
你都遠離她這麼多年、這麼遙遠了,
What is it you fear?
到底還在怕什麼?(清亮的眼神彷彿能看透亞歷山大)


A Who knows these things?
誰曉得……(別開眼)
When I was a child, my mother thought me divine, my father weak.
在我小的時候他總認為我是神,父親是懦夫。
Which am I, Hephaistion?
我究竟是誰,赫菲斯欽?(極需安撫的小動物眼神)
Weak or divine?
我到底是神還是懦夫?(赫菲斯欽不敢說話,看了一眼風景)
All I know is, I trust only you in this world.
我只知道在這世上我只相信你,(手撫上赫菲斯欽的臉,某赫小鹿眼神)
I’ve missed you.
我好想你,
I need you.
需要你,
It is you I love, Hephaistion…no other.
我愛的只有你,赫菲斯欽,沒有別人。

(面對亞歷山大的直率表白,赫菲斯欽舔舔唇,別開眼,害羞地扯開話題,感覺有點快哭了)





H You still hold your head cocked…like that.
你還是習慣把頭歪一邊(小哽咽),像這樣。(赫菲斯欽抬臉歪頭60度,同時偷瞄暗笑)

A I’ve stopped that.
我戒掉那習慣了。(小朋友窘的咧)

H No, like a deer, listening in the wind. You strike me still, Alexander.
你像隻小鹿仍然讓我心動,我的心裡只有你,
And you have eyes like no other.
你的眼睛比任何人都美,
I sound as stupid as a schoolboy about it.
我像個孩子為你痴狂…
You’re everything I care for…and by the sweet breath of Aphrodite…I’m so jealous of losing you to this world you want so badly.
(抱住,他的眼神表情讓我想到零抱綺羅的樣子,張大眼彷彿在說服自己什麼)你就是我的一切,有愛神的氣息為證,我好怕你因為太想要這個世界而失去你。

A You’ll never lose me, Hephaistion.
你永遠不會失去我,
I’ll be with you always.
我會永遠陪伴在你身邊,
Till the end.
直到死為止"

 

※亞歷山大新婚夜※



赫菲斯欽突然出現在新房裏,亞歷山大很驚訝,赫菲斯欽對亞歷山大比了個噤聲的手勢(動作輕柔,觀察一下四周)
(赫菲斯欽小心翼翼攤開小絹,裡面放著一枚琥珀戒指,低頭45度角的樣子…美啊!

H I found it in Egypt.
我在埃及找到它。(將一枚戒指拿給亞歷山大,不敢看他)
The man who sold it to me said it came from a time…when man worshipped sun and stars.
賣戒指的人(抬眼看亞歷山大,雙眼滾淚)告訴我它來自崇拜太陽星辰的時代,(低眼抬眉,感覺正強忍著淚水)

I’ll always think of you…as the sun, Alexander.
(眼影渲染赫菲斯欽雙眼的悲傷及淚水,拿起戒指)你將永遠是…我的太陽,亞歷山大,(將戒指戴在亞歷山大的左手無名指上)
And I pray your dream will shine on all men.
我祈禱你的光輝會普照衆人,




I wish you a son.
我希望你能有個子嗣。

A You’re a great man.
你是個偉大的人。

H Many will love you, Alexander, but none so pure and deep—
很多人會愛你,亞歷山大,但沒人如此純潔深沈……(深情對望並擁抱)






ROXANE You love him?
你愛他?

A He is Hephaistion.
他是赫菲斯欽。

There are many different ways to love, Roxane.
世上有很多種愛。

 

※亞歷山大誤殺克萊特後※


C None can enter, your Highness.
沒有人能進入,殿下。

R I am the queen!
我可是皇后!
I want to see him.
我要見他!
I’ve waited 3 days.
我已經等了三天了!

H He says none.
他說沒有人能見他。(上下打量皇后)
Not even you.
連妳也不行。

R He needs me!
他需要我!(試圖闖入,赫菲斯欽跟著擋住)

H No. He doesn’t.
不,他不需要。

R And he needs you?
難道他需要你?

C Hephaistion, you make a mistake.
赫菲斯欽,你犯了個大錯。
(赫菲斯欽露出一個輕蔑的微笑,轉頭入內帳)

H The Army needs your reassurance…Alexander.
軍隊需要你的保證,亞歷山大。

A Yes, like a old lover they forgive, but they will never forget.
對,就像舊情人,他們會原諒,卻永遠不會忘記。
You know more than any…
你比誰都了解……

H …great deeds are done by men who took and never regretted.
偉大的成就是由從不後悔的人完成的。
You’re Alexander!
你是亞歷山大!(捧住他的臉,態度很認真)
Pity and grief will only destroy you.
憐憫和悲傷只會毀了你。

A Have I become so arrogant that I am blind?
我是否已經因為自大而盲目……?

H Sometimes…to expect the best of everyone is arrogance.
有時候吧。總是要求別人達到完美,就是一種自大。
          


A Then Cleitus spoke true.
那麼克萊特是對的。
I have become a tyrant.
我已成為了一個暴君。

H You’re mortal.
你只是個凡人。
And they know it.
而且他們都明白這點。
And they forgive you because you make them proud of themselves.
他們會原諒你的,因為你讓他們以自己為榮。


遠征印度(其實這裡我有點不懂,此時他們已在印度了,那這場仗是……?),亞歷山大在此戰役中受重傷,愛駒牛頭戰死,赫菲斯欽也受了傷。戰役一結束,亞歷山大即宣布返回西方(巴比倫)。

※赫菲斯欽之死※


DOCTOR It’s the water, Your majesty!
是水造成的啊,陛下!
He mixed it with the wine.
他將水混在酒中共飲。

A But, how can this be?
可怎麼會這樣?
Typhus, of India?
印度的傷寒?

DO I wouldn’t tax yourself, Your Majesty.
我不想讓您擔心,陛下。
A few good night’s rest will do it.
幾個晚上的修養就會好轉。
But no wine or cold chicken—
但不能食用酒或生冷的雞肉……

H I feel better. Soon, I’ll be up.
我好多了,很快就能起床。

A We leave for Arabia in the spring and I couldn’t leave without you.
我春天去阿拉伯一定要帶你去!

H Arabia
阿拉伯……
You used to dress me up like a sheik…wave your wooden scimitar.
以前你常把我打扮成阿拉伯酋長……手上揮舞著彎刀。

A You were the only one who’d never let me win.
只有你不肯讓我贏,
The only one who’s ever been honest with me.
只有你對我完全誠實,
You saved me from myself.
你也將我從自我陷溺中救贖……
Please don’t leave me, Hephaistion.
別丟下我,赫菲斯欽

H Alexander.
我心愛的亞歷山大,
I remember the young man who wants to be Achilles…and then outdid him.
你曾是想當阿基里斯的少年,後來卻超越他的成就……

A And you Patroclus.
那你就是帕卓克斯,
And then what happened?
你看看他們後來的下場,
Ours is a myth only young men believe.
只有少年才相信這種神話。

H But how beautiful a myth it was.
但這是多麼淒美的神話?(帕卓克斯還是先走一步了……)

A We reach… we fall. Oh, Hephaistion!
我們到了巔峰…又重重跌下來………噢!赫菲斯欽!

H I worry for you without me.
我很擔心你。沒有我,你該怎麼辦?(到底還是最關心亞歷山大……)

A I am nothing without you! Come, fight, Hephaistion!
我沒有你什麼都不是,振作點!赫菲斯欽!
We will die together! It’s our destiny.
與我同年同月同日死,這是我們的命運……
We’ll have children with our wives…and our sons will play together as we once did.
我們要和妻子生下小孩,小孩要像我們小時候一樣一起玩耍……
A thousand ships we’ll launch from here, Hephaistion.
我們要從這駕駛一千艘艦隊,
We’ll round Arabia…and sail up the Gulf to Egypt.
繞過阿拉伯,駛過埃及,
From there we’ll build a channel through the desert and out to the Middle Sea.
在那開鑿一條運河直接通往地中海;
And then we’ll move on Carthage.
還有西西里,
And that great island, Sicily, they’ll pay large tribute.
他們會獻上供品。
After that, the Roman tribe, good fighters!
再攻打驍勇善戰的羅馬部落,
We’ll beat them…and then explore the northern forests…and out the Pillars of Herakles to the Western Ocean!
我們會打敗他們;然後再前往北方森林探險,從海克力斯港口航向西海。
And then one day, not ten years from now…Babylon, with its deep-water harbor, will be the center of the World!
總有一天,不出十年…巴比倫的深水港會成為世界的中心,
The Alexandrias will grow, populations will mix and travel freely.
各地的亞歷山大城將繁榮,族群通婚,自由旅行……
Asia and Europe will come together.
亞洲和歐洲將合而為一……
And we’ll grow old, Hephaistion…looking out our balcony at this New World.
我們也會變老,赫菲斯欽,從陽台眺望這個新世界……
Hephaistion?
赫菲斯欽?(赫菲斯欽眼睛瞪大,臉色死白)
Hephaistion?
赫菲斯欽?
Where is this Doctor?
醫生呢?醫生在哪!


(眾人醫生進入)
DO I can’t explain this, your Majesty.
我無法解釋呀,陛下。
It’s not possible!
這是不可能的,
I swear by Apollo--
我向阿波羅發誓--

A Execute him!
處死他!
Take him out, now, and execute him!
把他帶走,立刻,然後處死他!

A Liars! Liars!
說謊!說謊!
You all hated him!
你們都恨他!
All of you!
你們每一個!
Get out!
出去!
Get out, now!
馬上給我滾出去!



※向妻子興師問罪※


A Be gone with you!
都是妳!
Harpies!
妖女!
Get out! Get out!
給我出去!滾出去!(對侍女)

R Are you drunk again?
你是不是又喝醉了?
Get out.
出去。(對侍女)

A He’s dead.
他死了。

R Who?
誰?
A Many hated him…but I don’t think any other would have dared!
許多人恨他但只有你敢下這種毒手!

R Hephaistion is dead?
赫菲斯欽死了?
Are you mad?
你生氣了?

A You monster!
妳這個妖女!

R Are you mad?
你生氣了?

A You’ve taken from me all that I’ve ever loved!
你奪走了我一生的最愛!
May all the Furies through time damn your miserable heart!
願所有的女妖都詛咒妳那骯髒的心!


0 feedback:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP